domingo, 5 de febrero de 2017

Teaching Practicum l - First Class

My first experience as a teacher it was on Thursday February, 2nd 2017. My first Group was Basic English and the topic was WH- questions with verb ''BE'', at the beginning of the class I was very nervous, but when I started the class my nerves disappear very quickly because my students were nice during the whole class. The atmosphere of the class was appropriate since they, with their good attitude helped me a lot to develop the activities. I felt very motivated while I was teaching; also I tried to give clear directions so that students could understand better. The problem that I could detect is that, the girls are very shy, so in my next class I will try to involve them even more so that they can participate.

  
Finally, my first experience as a teacher it was nice because I enjoyed while I was teaching. I hope my next class will be better, so my students can learn more.

12 comentarios:

  1. Hi, glad to hear that Alejandra. It was a nice experience for you because you really enjoyed what you did. My first class will be this coming Thursday, and i will also have a Basic English group. I hope my students participate as yours. :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. thanks for your comment, and I hope your class will be awesome as well.

      Eliminar
  2. Hello! ... you and some other classmates have a difficult challenge by teaching basic students. It is important, as you say, to give clear directions with beginner students. Also, it is a good idea to make the sky students to participate more.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi! i think having Basic class as first class is a challenge because students don`t talk that much and you have to be even more creative in your class, but it seems you managed the class well. Also, something important in teaching is get to know students and that is good that you already know how your students are, i am pretty sure you second class will be better.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. It was nice that you had a good experience teaching them. I like that you kept directions as clear as possible taking into consideration that they are basic students. Just encourage girls to speak and participate more.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I really like that you do not have problems to give directions!! I consider teaching basic students is not as easy as pie because they do not understand a lot. Good luck for the next one!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Nice Alejandra!! you have a very nice group. make sure that all the students get involved in the activities. If the girls are shy, try to ask more to them, and get closer to them! Keep trying!!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Hello, Alejandra! Your experience seems to be very rewarding, and as you say that girls are more shy than boys, I would suggest you to have them working with boys, so they can exchange ideas and start producing more.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hi, Alejandra! I'm glad to hear that you developed your first class very well. I understand you perfectly about having shy students because like you, I also have a lot of students who are shy and do not want to participate in the class. However, it is good to note that during the first class because that situation alert us to carry out more speaking activities in order they develop it as much as they can. I know having students in a basic level is not easy, but you managed the class in a correct way, and I admire you for that. I wish the best in your future classes!

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Hey, i can realize you had a hard time teaching basic students, mostly because they don't like to participate much in classes. However you could handle the situation, and they could participate enthusiastically during the development of the class. I advice you to do activities where boys and girls are involved, so that they can participate and talk more.

    ResponderEliminar