jueves, 9 de febrero de 2017

Teaching Practicum l - Second Class




My Second experience was on February 7th, 2017. This time was a little different because I was not nervous at all. I started my class by developing a warm up activity ‘’ninja hands.’’ They understood the activity, but before starting the game I modeled an example. After that I made a review about adjectives and nationalities, so I pasted a big chart on the white board. I tried to explain the chart as clear as possible; then I gave them pieces of paper that contained the ‘’BINGO GAME,’’ in which students had to mark the nationalities with an ‘’X’’ just if they had it in the paper.

In my second activity, I asked them to open their books, but some of them did not have books yet, so I made groups of three, so they could share and work at the same time. My third activity was a speaking activity in which they had to practice a dialogue. At the end I chose some of them randomly to perform in front of us, I think they did a pretty good job because they were willing to participate; also they asked me about the words they did not know.


My last activity, was ‘’who is your famous person?’’ It was a speaking activity in which I tried to include famous people, so my students could describe by using details, adjectives, nationalities. I think they had so much fun trying to guess who the famous person was.

Finally, I can say that I really enjoyed this class, and while I was teaching I felt comfortable. On the other hand, there are many aspects to improve that I will try to do it in my future classes.

2 comentarios:

  1. hello

    I see that you did a very good job. Feeling comfortable when teaching is something importante because you can show Ss that you are sure about what are you teaching. I like the activities you did for there were creative activities.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. hi, Alejandra! I really liked to hear that you enjoyed your second class and you did not feel nervous at all, that's why the first class is very useful, believe me. I could read that happened to you the same situation like me, some students still did not have the English book and that is always a problem, however, you handled the situation in the best way and you killed two birds with one stone, your Students worked in trio and also shared their own knowledge about the topic. Very clever my friend. As an advise for the next class, if the students do not have the book yet and some activities require to work individually, try to get a photocopy of the lesson of the day and provide it to the students. Well done Alejandra, keep going!

    ResponderEliminar