domingo, 19 de marzo de 2017

Teaching Praticum l - Fourth Reflection



My fourth experience was on March, 15th 2017. I was assigned to teach in English Access; I started my class at 3:00 pm o clock; I was not nervous at all because my students were very friendly. I developed a warm up ‘’write it fast’’, but before to start the game I decided to explained twice so that they could understand better.

After the game, I continued with an activity in which they had to complete a box with sentences that they had in the paper. They were working really fast, and at the end of the activity we checked together. In my next activity, I asked them to work in a fill-in the blanks in which they just had to add the third person singular; they did it pretty good, and I just tried to monitor while they were working. At the end of the activity once again we checked together. My third activity was a matching activity in which they had to use the verbs from the previous exercise and match them in the correct blank space. I think they did a pretty good job because they were always willing to participate. Then I moved to the next activity, “Swap the Cards,” in which they had fun because they chose two cards. After that they were asking questions as a group, and finally they found their own cards. I think it is a great idea to include activities in which they can work as a team. My last activity was a Role Play in which I tried to give them some topics. For example, “someone who does not study for the test,” “things I like and I don’t like to do at school,” etc. My students could work as a group again and continue practicing the simple present (positive, negative and questions form).

Finally, I can say that I really enjoyed my class, and even though the weather was very hot, I tried to do my best by giving clear instructions and giving examples at the same time.  Now I cannot wait for my second practice.



2 comentarios:

  1. Alejandra, I really like how much you're enjoying your class time with those amazing students. Definitely, Access guys are just great, kind-hearted students that not only deserve your devotion but also gratitude to consider yourself privileged by the things you have for granted.

    Something I think you have a great chance of improvement is in regards to giving instructions. I'm a bit concerned about giving instructions twice. In some cases, students might feel a bit confused and even a bit imcompetent about it. I'd suggest that you could dedicate more time on rehearsing how you deliver command and practice CCQ.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. thanks for your comment teacher, and yes I will work on that.

    ResponderEliminar