My second experience on the
second period was on March, 27th 2017; I started the class at 3.00 pm o’clock. They were very energetic and even though the
weather was so warm, they were willing to participate in every activity. My
students loved the games so I tried to include at least one nice warm up so
that they had fun before starting the class.
The warm up I chose was
''Draw it first'' in which they had to choose a representative and had to guess
as fast as they could, so the group that guessed the most drawings were the
winners. On the other hand, they worked very well as a team. Then, I continued
with the presentation of the topic. I chose a small reading for them so that
they could underline the words either in present continuous or present simple.
During this activity I observed that they were very connected trying to help
each other. After that, we were discussing some questions about the reading.
Then, I gave the grammar point by using colorful charts with the definition and
some examples. The first activity was a fill in the blanks in which they had
around 3 minutes to do it, and then, we were sharing answers. They tried to
participate a lot. In the next activity, I gave them pieces of paper in which
they had to choose the correct tense; they developed this activity very fast,
which means they understood.
My last activity was a
dialogue which they had to complete in pairs. Then, they had to perform in front
of everybody, but I could notice something: They were speaking in Spanish so I
tried to encourage them to talk in English. I think this activity was worth it
because at the end they wanted to pass.
As a conclusion, I think
being a teacher is not an easy task but we need to express our good attitude
towards the students so that we can create a good environment in the class.


Hello
ResponderEliminari had the opportunity to be there observing your class and in my personal opinion you did a great job Ale!! is nice the way you tried to motived students to speak the target language!
thanks for your comment jen!
ResponderEliminar